Green Tea Suppository w Retinol Acetate
Our Green Tea Suppositories do not break down like with oral administration.
Includes 10 Green Tea Suppositories with Retinol Acetate
- Green tea is suggested to have the most health benefits of all teas.
- May help to support weight loss, immune system health, and the neutralization of free radicals.
- Contains powerful polyphenol antioxidants.
- Suppositories offer a superior absorption rate with no degradation compared to oral supplementation
- Contains epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) - one of the most effective catechins
- Antioxidant properties support the bodys natural processes for reducing oxidative stress
- Supports the function of a healthy cardiovascular system
- Suppositories allow for direct absorption of catechins
A Nutritional Perspective on Tea
Tea plants have been cultivated for centuries. In fact, tea is the second most widely consumed beverage in the world, next only to water. There are three main varieties of tea: black, oolong, and green. Each variety has its own fair share of essential nutrients, but green tea is often thought of as the most beneficial tea for your health. This is primarily because of its high concentration of antioxidants called catechins.
Catechins are natural phenols with antioxidant properties. These antioxidant properties support the body in neutralizing free radicals and limiting the oxidative stress caused by free radicals. Oxidative stress is harmful to the body at a cellular level, so much so that it is thought to be a central factor in the aging process itself. These suppositories contain epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG), known for being one of the most potent catechins present in green tea.
A Cup of Tea Doesnt Do the Trick - Heres Why
Though the catechins found in green tea are undeniably supportive of the body from a nutritional standpoint, there is debate as to whether or not the body can utilize them properly when ingested orally. While the green tea plant itself is packed with nutrients, many of these nutrients will not be absorbed from drinking a cup of green tea. The same can be said of taking oral green tea supplements. Thats why ZenEarth has crafted these Green Tea Suppositories, providing 90% EGCG, one of the most effective catechins, in a highly absorbable formula designed to harness the full nutritional potential of green tea. The suppositories are absorbed directly via the tissues of the lower bowels.
Are the Suppositories Heat Sensitive?
The suppositories do not need to be refrigerated as heat will not affect their quality or potency. The suppository base is a superior form that uses an inclusion formula with heat stable ingredients. Refrigeration is for "hardening" the suppository to facilitate insertion. Nonetheless, we do give the option of purchasing ice, as some customers prefer it that way.
400 mg Green Tea (90% ECGC)
100mg Retinol Acetate
- If pregnant or lactating, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
- Do not use if the suppositories are open or damaged.
Note: Storing this product at room temperature will not alter the effectiveness or potency. However a firm suppository is necessary for a comfortable and easy insertion. Therefore we recommend that this product be stored in the refrigerator to maintain firmness. If the suppository does become soft, place the suppository in the refrigerator to achieve the firmness needed for comfortable insertion Avoid excessive heat (80°F). Store in a cool place 8° to 15°C (46° to 59°F) or refrigerate. When using nutritional supplements or nutraceuticals, please inform your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition healthcare professional.
How To Insert Rectal Suppositories
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water. Prior to using/inserting suppositories, it is best to attempt to evacuate by attempting to have a bowel movement. We recommend, if possible, that the suppositories be inserted after you have attempted to move your bowels. This helps in the first of the four pharmacokinetic processes: absorption, distribution, metabolism, elimination (Hollenberg & Brody, 1998). If you chose to use a latex glove to insert the suppository, place the glove on the hand you will use to insert the suppository. Gloves are very inexpensive gloves can be purchased at most pharmacies.
- Take the suppository out of the refrigerator. The suppositories retain cold so they will be comfortable. By keeping the suppository in the refrigerator, the suppository will be hard and easier to insert. ONLY the DMSA suppository cannot be refrigerated or kept in freezer since the cold decreases potency.
- Open plastic suppository shell by pulling apart the 2 tabs located at the tapered end.
- If necessary, lubricate the suppository tip with tap water or a lubricant such as K-Y Lubricating Jelly or Vaseline.. If you do not have this lubricant, moisten the SUPPOSITORY with cool tap water. Note that after a shower, insertion is quite easy. Note that the use of the lubricating jelly and/or cool water will hasten the separation of the base material form the nutrients, and thus enhance the absorption process.
- Lie on your side with your lower leg straightened out and your upper leg bent forward toward your stomach.
- Lift upper buttock to expose the rectal area.
- Insert the suppository flat side first (not the tapered end pushing with your finger until it passes the muscular sphincter of the rectum, about 1/2 to 1 inch in infants and 1 inch in adults. ) By inserting the flat end first retention and post insertion comfort is improved. If the suppository is not inserted past this sphincter muscle, the suppository may pop out (see below). The placing of the flat side first into the rectum triggers a reflex contraction of the rectal tissue that causes the suppository to be pulled up into the rectum where it is more comfortably retained.
- Hold buttocks together for a few seconds and you are finished!
- Discard used materials and wash your hands thoroughly. If you have used a latex glove, pull the glove inside out then discard. Remember, if you have problem with retaining the suppository, a simple strategy to insure retention is to lying down for about 5-15 minutes as this will help you retain the suppository.
DISCLAIMER: The products and the claims made about specific products on or through this site have not been evaluated by the United States Food and Drug Administration and are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.